Thursday, November 21, 2013



"Safety and security don't just happen, they are the result of collective consensus and public investment. We owe our children, the most vulnerable citizens in our society, a life free of violence and fear."
Nelson Mandela, former president of South Africa
What inspires and excites you most about your advocacy plan and being an advocate?
I think that one of the things that inspires and excites me is knowing that I will be helping the children that are considered “At risk children”, children living in poverty or poverty areas most of all. When a person knows that he/she has actually done something good, that makes him/her feel very happy and or inspired to do more.
What challenges and/or anxieties do you feel related to engaging in the advocacy efforts you have targeted?
I think that in all situations and challenges there are anxieties because there are unexpected things and at that time one needs to have a cool head in order to make the correct and best decisions. Knowing which are the best, correct or right decisions could also be hard to distinguish.

1 comment:

  1. Elida,

    I am glad that you are excited about your advocacy plan. You are doing such a great thing by helping these children that are "at risk children". You are an angel in disguise.

    ReplyDelete